Here’s a follow up to a recent post (See Two Lessons from Recent Cooking Experiments)… In the previous post, I was too excited that I forgot to take photos of the delicious roasted tomatoes.
Well, I’ve made another batch of roasted tomatoes and put them in a really delicious sandwich!
Here’s a quick recap of how to make roasted tomatoes:
1. Cut tomatoes into halves.
2. Grab a bowl, pour extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Dip your tomatoes into the olive oil mix and make sure it’s well coated with the olive oil mixture.
4. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
5. Line the tomatoes up on a tray.
6. Roast in oven for about one hour (or any time after 40 minutes if you’re impatient).
Here’s what you get once you take it out of the tray:
Now, here’s the roasted tomatoes sitting on the bread and cheese:
Now let’s add the sunny side up egg!
Oh yeah! It looks so good!
And here’s the finished product:
BEST. SANDWICH. EVER!!!!!!!!!!
It’s that good! WOW!
The combination of roasted tomatoes (in garlic and herbs), a runny egg yolk, and cheese, is just the perfect combination to make your taste buds go WOW! Give this a try and let me know how it tastes! I guarantee you that this will be the best sandwich EVER!!!